Friday, September 29, 2006

25 Sep

Oho…god. I forgot how to tie my neck tie before we went out. This is a chance for Robert to share his kindness and experiences to me. I’ve copied How to tie the Neck Tie from a Burmese Doctor. And now I got a chance to learn it from an American. The technique is something difference. If I remembered “How to tie ?” there will no more chance for getting new tie technique like this.

Now I’ve changed my tie problem to a beautiful tie training class in my room. Thanks Robert.

Now you can easily imagine that, we should not live by only focusing on the end of the games/works, we should play and stay in present time.

Then we met Jeanne, she and her team arrange us for meetings and appointments in Cincinnati.

Jeanne Amrein
Assistant Director of Programs
Global Center of Greater Cincinnati
International Visitors Council
World Affairs Council

Jeanne drove to the University of Cincinnati to meet Professor Bert B. Lockwood. Professor have much experiences in his works I think. He seems very cool and stable. I cannot tell you what I got from him, but I think I got something from him that I cannot describe. He gave me some books of his writings. Then Professor introduced me to John, Associate Director for Information Technology to study fashion of modern multimedia class room.

Bert B. Lockwood
Distinguished Service Professor
Director, Urban Morgan Institute for Human Rights
College of Law, University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio














University of Cincinnati















John W.Hopkins
Associate Director for
Information Technology
University of Cincinnati



























Then we reached to University Canteen for lunch, I’ve also seen the attached book store.

University' Canteen














There is a high school near University















Next appointment was at the office of Howard Tolley, Jr. We had shared some knowledge and experiences. Professor seems very smiley and warm.

Howard Tolley, Jr.
Professor of Political Science
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio
http://homepages.uc.edu/thro/














Then Robert want me to see the Central Library of University. Pem welcome and explained me about Library. At first I saw students and computers and e-reading. (Reading e-books) but after some minutes I just saw the souls and power of students focusing on respective subjects rather than Computers, Rooms and Books.

Pem, what do you think you are doing ? Don’t you think you are doing great things every day. This is not only a library service, it is a knowledge servicing for the talent human beings. You are a part of developing programs for this world. I wished there’ to be see more and more libraries and good Universities like this around the world.

Pam Bach
Coordinator of Info Commons
Reference and Research Department
Langsam Library(www.libraries.uc.edu)
University of Cincinnati


















I’ve seen lots of students everywhere in the University. Don’t you think Butterflies are flying and workings among the flowers?. Flowers look like much in Lecture Rooms, Theaters, Labs, Libraries. Butterflies are students and Green Grasses that hold the flowers does look like the Campus of University.














And I also got some idea from the University. If we were looking to the Library, most students were spending in front of the computers by reading e-books. Some few were reading p-books(please let me call p-book for Printing Books). You can easily see that the way people learning is chainging, perhaps, already changed. Internet shaped our living styles.

After the appointment, we were going to the Anne Car



We left University at 2:30 PM, Jeanne took us back to the Hotel. At 4:00 PM we were in the office of Convergys, meetig George.

George.J.Rewick
Convergys
Senior Vice President
Global Technology Services

I’ve asked George for some technical questions and shared Burma IT and Internet Development. Perhaps this appointment would be the starting point of future great internet jobs. Who will see the future ? George and I took a picture backgrounded the Ohio river and he explained about the Historic River. Oho..my god, that’s I was standing near of the Great River and Great City.

@the Kafe
was our next appointment. Tamara’ explanations and foods are very good for me.

Tamara Naser
Manager
@the Kafe
www.atthekafe.com

Kafe














The stores and shops that I saw in Downtown Cincinnati something looks like slow businesses, including Tamara’s Café. I asked what’s the problem is that ? She and Robert replied that there are some more populated places rather than down town so that shops and dinings were moved to those area. But Tamara opened this shop since last 4 years ago. Tamara’s café close at 6:00 PM, this means the café intended to serve only for Business and Office Hours for business man and office staffs not for residents.

I’m not only interested in the Tamara’ Business, I’m just rather interested the Cincinnati Downtown is moving to other places in the city in some form. Yes, this alert me “everything is always changing” idea. But I think there are more and more homeless people accumulated in downtown. Rich people can buy Houses in the outside area of town.

This is a one nature of cities, you see if a city do not have these kind of moves, the city might not be developed as well. It seems Live. In this chaining process, some will fear, some will ok, some will lost. This is very equal for we all, we have to face whether we accept it or not, there’s no shortcut. When someone understand the process of changing, he/she will see the brighter futures in it. Actually, there’ no more risks than that you always facing everyday to a better future.

Last 80 years ago, the Carew Tower and Netherland Plaza(now Hilton, Cincinnati Netherland Plaza) were designed to be a “City within a city”. But today it is not true.

Cincinnati Downtown



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home