Wednesday, September 20, 2006

18 September - Starting Point of IVLP Trip

After Breakfast, we took Cab to the Meridian International Center. First of all, what I have to impress is the Buildings and Architects of Meridian International Center. When they come together as one, beauty of Building, Colored Flowers of Green Garden and September Weather of Washington D.C, no one will refuse these combined beauties.

















But very soon, I came to know that the actual beauty located inside the building, all the people inside are very charming and running the tasks very respectfully. Then we met the program officers Ms. Marata M.Pereyma, Mr. Chris Schwab and Mr. Christopher Hodachok. After some welcoming talks, they explained me about Programs, Trip Plans and Other necessary information in details. All are very clear.

Marta is a very nice lady I think, perhaps, she may be a very typical American Woman, she speak clearly and hearty. I was thinking the MIC got the right people to do so complicated tasks like this programs. Christ (Mr. Christ Schwab) is very handsome American guy and very energetic. He has some attractions but I could not mentions about that. He’ very warm. And Christopher, he also a cool guy who made and lots of things for me in very details.

Before I left Yangon, I’ve very carefully prepared Burmese Traditional presents to share to the Program Officers of US Department and Meridian International Center, even thought I never seen and met them before. I gone to Bagan, a must destination of Myanmar (Burma) and collect the very traditional culture stuffs produced from Natural Resources. I’m very much please that all accepted my Burmese Presents.














And my English Language Officer, Mr. Robert Dale Hajek become a necessary part in my visits. Without him, I will not be so smart. There will be a special Blog about him soon.

This is my first experience to the America so that everything can attract me very much. Since I would like to use my limited Washington D.C days very productively, I’ve carefully observed and chosen things and events whatever I seen. And I avoided non-important things that may consume my time. As a result, I saw, there are so many small talks and conversations in every where. Some like seminar, some like cross talkings, some like friendship talks, some take place in the special rooms, hotel rooms, in lunch time, on walking, in the restaurant, in the library. Even I thought that the Washingtoners are always talking about something. THIS MIGHT BE THE BIG DIFFERENCE OF EAST AND AMERICA. People love talking, discussing, arguing, commenting and decision. Washington D.C is a place of earth, where lots of idea and thoughts come out on various matters. Sure I can tell you that I love it very much and this is the most attraction of Washington D.C to me. Myself is very talkative too. 














I’ve shared about what I’m doing in Myanmar and I hope they will get some new idea regarding with Burmese Culture and a today typical Training Center of Myanmar. No doubt that it was my precious time and I’ve spent it very well.


Ms. Marata M.Pereyma
Program Officer
East Asia Branch and Pacific Branch
US Department of State


Mr. Chris Schwab

Program Officer
Meridian International Center


Mr. Christopher Hodachok
Program Associate
Meridian International Center


Mr. Robert Dale Hajek

English Language Officer


Lunch at Meridian International Center's Garden

After that, we gone out for some foods for lunch. When Chicken Tenders, Burgers, some soft drinks, white circle lunch tables of White-Meyer House Back Garden and trees that I cannot name(it’s look like umbrella to make sunshine more beautifully) come together, it was a wonderful lunch time that I ever experienced. And Robert said I arrived city for the time of fine weather. I’m always lucky. Some American girls and guys were talking and eating like us. It will be a big blog if I going to blog the scenic that I experienced at that time. By the way, all Americans always make “Hello” “Hi” I saw. Very friendly fashion that I cannot see in other places.

























Dr. Alan Levine Seminar for Visitors

There are some visitors in the seminar, from China, Russia, Denmark, New York and Kazakhstan. The seminar focus on the How US System Works. A great seminar. I heard Great Things I think from it. Dr. Alan Levine is quite clever in presentation and expert in the subject so that everyone interested in what he talked.

Dr. Alan Levine
Assistant Professor Government
The School of Public Affairs
American University















Taking A Washington D.C Cab to next appointment














After that, we gone to Kumer, he is working for helps to poor people.

When I got back to the Hotel, it was almost 6:30 PM and I was waiting a friend who is working at Washington D.C. I love to share his thoughts and visions on Today Washington D.C from a point of a Burmese who surviving in the city. We taxied and walked to the Dupont Circle and feel the night life of the streets. Everything is so cool and there are lots of fashion outlets and fine dining places I saw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home