Saturday, September 23, 2006

20 Sep

Let’s we start today from Grorge Washington and George Washington University. We took some photos at there. It was a windy day.

“Seek Truth and Pursue it Steadily”















Then Aaron, Sarah, Jessica, Me and Robert are at Casey’s Café, a cool coffee shop. Although the weather seems cool, the talks and friendships between us getting warm after some couples of minutes. Getting these kind of friends are like getting diamonds I think. They all are so nice. I hope I’d get more chances to meet these guys again.














Then our Taxi headed to the CDT office. It’s a non-profit organization. John explained a lots about what are they and what are they doing.














Honestly, I never think of this organization before I get here. After some minutes, I definitely understood that he’s doing the things that really important for modern Internet Civil Society’s Infrastructure. He might encountered lots of things on his way, I think. They are somewhat shaping the today internet. (On the next day, I had read in Washington post newspapers one CDT members is explaining about HP’ privacy issue regarding with her customers.) I wish John and his members for more and more success. Please go and check the CDT web sites at http://www.cdt.org.

John B. Morris, Jr.

Staff Counsel
Director, Internet Standards,
Technology and Policy Project

On the way to next appointment, we had visited to the Saint Matthew The Apostle. It is not only a beautiful church but also a spirit place. As usual, Robert started the history and stories about Church and the Arts Mosiac. And when Robert asked me that would you join the Services of Church, I replied that I’d love it. But I didn’t get chances except by starring the prayers getting pieces of breads.















Before we left the Church, I asked Robert that the difference of people’ emotion before Church and after Church and what’s make them difference. I’m not sure how did Robert answer me but I’ve my own thoughts on that matter. People before entering to the Church have some desires, such as

1) They believe that it will be Ok and get peace when we get there. This thoughts was occurred by traditionally. Or it is come from the Nature of Human Bring that people do not afraid to do things, sometime even they get happy, that if they see those things are doing other else and seeing it’s Ok.
2) They also have stresses and burdens of daily personals and business.
3) When they get and pray, their soul and mind are focusing on on thing, that might be God. We do not know exactly there is God or not, it won’t be a problem. But the case is that, they focused on a thing that they feel pleasant(example God) and their mind become focus on the pleasant things. In all of us, there is only one mind that can focus on one thing at one time. In such a way of praying, people mind go to the pleasant thing, at that same time, there’s no more stressed or hot mind with them since their souls are occupied by good minds.
4) As a result, their faced, gesture and actions after praying becom cool and calm. You know, our external characters based on our interior movements that is our soul.

Ok, please forgive for my long explanation and thanks for your time in reading this.

As I would like to pray in the Church even though I didn’t get a chance, but the God know about me so that it seems he has been arranging to meet a Great Educator with me. Of course, at my next appointment, I met Don, he is the one that I ever want to meet in this world.

There are lots of things that he is doing, arranging and working in Modern Education. Please go and check the web sites for more his and ISTE’ works.

No matters whatever he’ doing, I can definitely tell about him is he want to educate the people in such a way by using all possible modern technologies. When I asked him the motivation that drive him to work these big jobs so seriously, he replied he always had some feelings and sorrows for those non-educated persons. Anyway now I see he’s not only doing on non-educated but for semi-educated or well-educated or all. He got successes in some parts of the world. And also I would like to thank for sharing time and idea of Mila M. Fuller. These ISTE books and web sites will be the first places that I’ll read/surf when I get to Yangon(Rangoon) back.

Don Knezek
Chief Excutive Officer
International Society for Technology in Education
http://www.iste.org

Mila M. Fuller
Director of Strategic Initiatives
International Society for
Technology in Education
http://www.iste.org














Don’t you think I should send a present to him ? Yes, I really did it when I get to Philadelphia.

Before continue, please guess where we get before next appointment ? Great National Geographic Museum at all. We all have been heard about that famous Magazine several years ago. How do you think when I get there that I never expected before ?

Yes, I’m happy. Why don’t you wait ? Go to there !!! at http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/














Next visit is Office of Center of Civic Education, again I got new concept. This should be a must education system for every citizenships of all countries whether it is rich or poor or educated or non-educated or problematic or non-problematic. Although it would be something difficult to implement in some country for the time being, we should not miss for coming days. We have to watch and wait to implement this kind of education system at every moment like a tiger crouching to get a deer. Gradually we could adapt this system a part of current education system. Ok, what do you think that I’m saying so seriously to implement the system ?














I’ve answers. To setup a modern cities and developing smart citizenships, we all have to do lots of things. One question but lots of answers and solutions that we could find out and solve. Academic Education, Vocational Educations, Professional Educations all are somewhat based on past and present experiences of us, or may be Critical Thinking and more…but there’s we need to fill up more, the education for average citizens, that’s a need for today and tomorrow education. Without this education I’m afraid will we get smart civic society within a shortest time or it may take more longer than we expected.

Today some countries do not recognize for developing smart citizenships that would give them(Countries’ Government) less headache in the administrations of city and civil problems for that city in the long run. They might say, we have to do others that are more important than this or might give non-stop excuses. Is that correct ? Ok, reader, please think this by yourself. I’ll go to next. Thanks you.

Liza, you are doing the Grate jobs, I love it. I appreciate it. Do it Liza, please.

Liza Prendergast
Center for Civic Education
http://www.civiced.org

Now, all my appointments finished and I started flying to the National Gallery of Art, East Building. Some of world best modern arts and performance arts are here. That is about 4:30 PM.














This museum gave me both amusement and knowledge. This is the first time, that I’m venting my soul to the Washington’ sky via this modern gallery. I’ve never taken a rest from the starting point of my trips, but today I got to take rest my looking works of best arts.
















What do you think the ways and reasons that I love Modern Arts ?
Ok, I will share my way of flying.

First of all, free your mind. Please throw away all bad or good things of you for this moment.
(If you have something that blocks you to do this, please think you are the one like others so that the problems you have will be the problems of others too. Same things. Common ones. So that you do not need to afraid the matters that you encountered.)


















Then start your eyes and soul to the pictures. You will or will not understand what you see completely or partially. Please accept all those feelings. Pleas do not try to get exact ones and do not expected things that you would like to be. In this way, after some pictures, you may get some average idea or you collect more and more.

The secret of seeing modern art is seeing all the possible modern arts within a certain time frame (Please do not take much time in seeing one picture, that is not the way you should do, you better give equal time on all pictures. If you take two or three days to complete the pictures, it will not be also the way you should do because please note you also changing yourself in mind and belief for day by day. And you will not get the answers) and get digested idea on all pictures and arts. Then you will reach to a point that give you HOW TODAY AND YESTERDAY PEOPLE FEEL, MAKE EMOTIONS, CREATE STUFFS.

Everything you touch yesterday, today and tomorrow should be productive. Please do not ever waste your time for you or others. Please be productive even you go to the toilet. You only get 300,000 days for this planet if you grow to 80 years old.


















Then we reached to Smithsonian Museum, the very original onld one. I do not want to describe you who took me to that place and share what is Smithsonian. I’d you to share this Grate guy also but I’ve very limited time now. Please surf James Smitson, Founder of the Smithsonian Institution.

At night, I went to Kyaw Min Swe(Ko) by a taxi and tour some places around there. Sailors Ice creams are very good for us. A night club also a place of our visit at that night. Everything I saw is very cool and in order.

Thanks Washington D.C for giving me much for tonight.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home