Friday, September 22, 2006

19 Sep

First of all. This is also a Great Day.

It stared from 10:30 AM, we left the Hotel and take Metro to get Busboys and Poets Restaurant. On the way, I was thinking the links between Washington D.C Metro - Train System and its population. Even I had made some questions of Metro system to my English Language Officer. I’ve been to Singapore and Bangkok and got some experiences of MRT and Sky Train system and I thought that this kind of mass transportation system working on the most populated cites. It’s not cost effective way for a city has few people under, for example less than a million. But I was wrong, I saw that it work in Washington D.C and again I got questions for myself. I known Washington D.C has about 600,000 people, but there may be more than that who come and work around from other parts of United States such as Virginia and Mary Land. Finally I reach to a point that it’s not a theory of Government to complete this kind of mass rapid transportation from the point of seeing number of people who live in the city, it’s a practice to solve and make comfort to the citizens is among one of Government Responsibilities and Must to his beloved people.

Washington D.C Metro started since 1950
















Then we met Mr. Andy Shallal, the Owner of Busboys and Poets, exchanged idea of a modern restaurant. Bus Boys and Poets facilitate not only quality foods and deco to the visitors, it also topped knowledge and related things by filling facilities like non-profit book shop, settings for events and seminar, internet and so on. Some come here for foods, some for reading, some for social idea and thoughts exchange, some for gossip. Do you see the points where cross, one to one, one to many knowledge transfer occurred in the place? Thanks you Andy, although you are working on your own way, but you are doing something very good for society. And thanks for Lunch also.

Bus Boys and Poets






















Here again, I would like to mention about Robert’s teaching, he ordered a dish for me that is filled of Vegetables, it looks like Green, Fresh, Health and Light. He explained this is a dish come from Middle East. I love Robert, my English Language Officer for so many reasons. Here he was exchanging his culture experiences about Middle-East. Don’t you think? he never ever missed chances to share his experiences to me whenever we both got chances to do that.



















Then before we got to the next appointment, we got time to explore the place we were passing. We headed to African American Civil War Memorial Freedom Foundation and Museum. Robert again became my culture teacher and started to explain and alert me where and what is good for taking photos. There’re things to interest much in the African American Civil War. At that time, I had not expected that this quick tour of African American Civil War Memorial Freedom Foundation and Museum will not make much things to me. But very soon, I saw that what Robert had done visiting this place for me. In the evening we got chance to go the National Portrait Gallery, when see the civil war exhibits in there, I got the idea of Civil War very quickly because I saw the some African-American Civil War Memorial before this visits. On the way to next appointment, Robert again share Jefferson and 9 states to me. It was very please to listen what my Tour Guide Robert explained.

African American Civil War Memorial


























From 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM, we meet Dr. Simon Szykman. He explained about his works with giving some information booklets.
Then we talked about e-Voting and Future Government that people might choose the representative at all the moments from anywhere around the world via their devices if the system come perfect. Then Government know people idea and thoughts at any given time. [Even I was thinking that there may not be 2, 4 and 6 years elections but there might be moment to moment elections. Don’t you think The Blogs we are blogging today would be very passive ways of voting system in the future] Google Power and Government Power also a topic of ours. He’s very nice guy, by the way.

Dr. Simon Szykman (Please call him C-Mon since his father is a Belgium)
Director
National Coordination Office (NCO) for Networking and Information Technology Research and Development (NITRD)

Simon and Me














Flowers beautifying near Simon' Office














The National Coordination Office (NCO) for Networking and Information Technology Research and Development (NITRD)

The National Coordination Office (NCO) for Networking and Information Technology Research and Development (NITRD) supports the planning, budget, and assessment activities for the Federal government's NITRD Program.
The NCO reports to the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) and the National Science and Technology Council (NSTC). The NCO supports the participating Federal agencies through the NSTC's Subcommittee on Networking and Information Technology Research and Development (NITRD Subcommittee), Interagency Working Group on High End Computing (HEC IWG), Interagency Working Group on Cyber Security and Information Assurance (CSIA IWG), and five Coordinating Groups (CGs) to prepare and implement the NITRD budget crosscut, totaling over $3 billion in FY 2007.
Federal IT research, which launched and fueled the digital revolution, continues to drive innovation in scientific research, national security, communication, and commerce to sustain U.S. technological leadership. The NITRD agencies' collaborative efforts increase the overall effectiveness and productivity of Federal networking and information technology R&D investments, leveraging strengths, avoiding duplication, and increasing interoperability of R&D products.


In the evening we met Mr. John Knaus, a program officer of NED. He’s very warm, we exchanged idea. All the time I passed with him is productive.


Then Ford’s Theatre became our next destination for the evening. Lincoln was not only working for the Americans, but for the whole Human beings. I got shocks and some emotions at there. After some walks and seeing in the Theatre and the place Lincoln died, I started Brain-Storming about the Lincoln case. I’ve some few questions for myself;

1) Should I love him for ASSASSINATION (the way he died, we sorrow)?
2) Should I love him for sharing his heart and soul to the people ?
3) Should I love him for his completed hard-works ?
4) Should I love him ……

No. No. I love him solely for not only above reasons (all the great man could have the above abilities and could experience assassination on their ways.) but FOR HIS GREAT KNOLWDEG AND RIGHT THINKINGS TO THE HUMAN BEINGS STAYING ON THIS PLANET.

HE CHANGED THE WORLD AND THE WAY PEOPLE LIVE.

Great Lincoln Never Died































And believe it or not, I saw one strange thing, but this is very practical in American Way. The Theatre is still working till now, hosting events. You know, this is the great place that I ever been before, I thought that this will be a memorial museum and will not again be a working place. But I was wrong. And again I enlightened that the way how American works, THEY ARE VERY RESULT-ORIENTED. Not the sorrow guys.

Ford's Theatre















FBI Building is besides Ford's Theatre














Then we went to the Spy Museum(http://www.spymuseum.org/) for a while, a new concept came to me. Honestly, I never think about that there will be this kind of Museum. Now I enlightened myself that America is not only rich in lands and buildings but rich in idea and saw every idea is working. Idea not staying inside, it can easily transform to the real world. At that moment, I was not standing in the Spy Museum and starring at the interesting stuffs, I was just freezing and thinking that what United States is look like. Thanks again Robert, without you, I would not get this experiences and knowledge. You brought me to here.

Spy Museum














After and after so many emotions and thoughts on and off inside me, we came to the National Portrait Gallery. It’s located on the opposite side of Spy Museum. Thanks again for opening to till 7:00 PM. At first we walked and surfed the historic figures and exhibits.

Then we reached to the Civil War Exhibits. And I saw that United States have practical success stories of life(we can see it today US success in economy, life and education level of citizens), the theories and systems behind driving to reach success figures and applications. Is that enough ?

No, US own PEOPLE WHO KNOW AND EXPERT IN THEORY AND IMPLEMENTATION OF/FOR THESE SYSTEMS, THE BEST WAY OF PEOPLE LIVING ON THIS EARTH (you may call this as Federalism as you wish), WHO FORESEE THE FUTURE. I can definitely tell the story I experienced, without these people there will not be success stories like today. As a resolution, we can figure this out if we want better societies in the other parts of this earth, first thing we have to do is getting the Brain-Stormers in those area whether they come from other places or native borns or whatever they are, but they should have kind hearts and big knowledge. Here you can also easily find out the wrong and uncompleted concepts of Nationalism Theory.

Again, if one region that totally or partially based on the Nationalism Theory and taking care from their nationals and not totally considering on the talents or result-oriented ones (I mean who hoping their leaders form their native born or their national), it might works for some time but it will not pretty work in the long run. Here I again, would say the right things to American Society that “please do not make much identities about Americans and United States and please do for everyone whether he/she has talent or non-talent, educated or non-educated, poor or rich. This will be the Greatest Identity of United States.”

Of course, from this point, now you could understand how much important of National Portrait Galley’s works and how it is sharing knowledge to me (the visitors). NPG is making a work very important for the visitors.

Quick and Sharp idea flow occurred when NPG, Robert’ works and me meet at the right time. Robert works very gently, sometime even I did not know how Robert will share his experiences and skills flow to me. He is great in my knowledge journey of US.

National Portrait Gallery















After the Civil War exhibits, we went to Modern Portrait Exhibits at the second floors. To understand the way people thinking, feelings and make emotions, we have to combine all possibilities so that I studied all modern, historic and present works on Portraits Arts. Seeing one thing will make me amusement and/or entertainment, to get the knowledge, I’ve to brain-storm all things round. Of course I got the points. I will make a special posts about Washington D.C’s Buildings, Architects, Museum, Arts and the Systems behind them.

Here, I would not miss to appreciate the National Portrait Competition - Outwin Boochever Portrait Competition 2006 and artists around the United States. I was thinking that I’m so lucky to get there and seeing the best of the best pictures. All are 51 portraits. First prize winner make very very fine painting named “Sam and the Perfect World”. It seems like the painting is telling me that “You see, here we have the best painters on the earth, come and look at me”. (Reader, please go to the link (http://www.portraitcompetition.si.edu/exhibition/PeoplesChoiceAward/AllFinalists.aspx) to see the pictures), this is a must click, you deserve it)


“Sam and the Perfect World”

















Portraits are records of public figures, mementos of loved ones, documents of life’s milestones, and metaphors for the human condition. Today, portraits are created in all mediums, from painting to images created from sequenced DNA. There are just as many ways to create an exhibition, featuring the choices of one curator, a team, or through a competition. For this exhibition, with the support of Virginia Outwin Boochever, the National Portrait Gallery chose to hold an open competition, asking artists throughout the United States to submit painted and sculpted likenesses of people close to them. The jury saw only one portrait from each artist. From more than 4,000 entries from every state, the jury chose 51 works of art. They are as diverse as America, and represent numerous stylistic approaches. These are today’s faces, compelling our curiosity, and documenting the dynamic relationship between artist and subject.


What did Robert share in the NPG ?
He requested me to note and find out “The Narrative of the Life by Fredderick Douglass”.

Then explained a famous photo taking back of President Kennedy. Not a posed one but it show some situations that was happening on those days.

And Robert explained “Civil War results most deaths in number if compared to the other wars till today wars” so what make this war so distinguish from others. I saw two things, 1) Yesterday and Today Technologies and 2) Idea behind the civil war based on a step change of way of people living on the earth, not only the case of North and South slavery problem. (That’ why I called Lincoln as Great Man, he was solving and got success of big problems of earth.)

Taking the bull by the horns, a traditional idea showing how you get success by taking risks, immediately entered into my soul when we had watched a big wall portrait on the second floor of NPG, there’s a man trying to get horns of a bull by his muscles and skills.

Who gonna say Robert is just an English Language Officer to me?

Then, we walked along China Town for our Dinner and went back to the Hotel.

China Town

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home